25/08/2009

Review: Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara



For some time I've been using this mascara :) I bough it when I ran out of my previous mascara (Maybelline Definite-a-lash mascara) and wanted to try something new. Right at that time they lunched this mascara as well as L'Oreal's Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. So I didn't know which one to take. But than my sister bought L'Oreal's and wasn't completely satisfied with it. So I decided to give a try with the Falsh Lash Effect one. Just the name sounded great, but what about reality?
I always liked that long-false-lashes-effect but because I don't know how to apply them ... I loved the idea of a mascara that could create that effect.
Let's go to the pictures part.

This is how it looks like. It's big.
The brush is 50% bigger (and with more bristles) than any other Max Factor brushes. It's made of some kind of rubber and it gets just the right amount of mascara.
TIP: I bended it a little bit to one side to get even to the smallest lashes.


My right eye without any mascara (you can barely see any lashes) :P

With one layer of mascara. Me like it :)

And with two coats. That's as many coats as I put on. But normally I apply my eyeliner, than a coat of mascara, than I do my eyebrows (in the meantime the mascara dries on the lashes) and only after that I apply another coat. But I didn't wait here so that's why some lashes stick together. If that happens (rarely) I use an old mascara brush (cleaned up) to brush my lashes.

2 layers, semi closed eyes.

Pros?

+ It really does what it says (it creates that falsh effect look) - I even get some comments If I was wearing falsies (LOL)
+ There is also a waterproof edition (so no worries of smudging it all over your face in water)
+ one layer is more than enough
+ I love the brush, It gets all the way from the root to the tip
+ It's not expensive
+ better than any other mascara I had (and I had many many mascaras)
+ volume + volume + volume + longer lashes!!! :)
+ no lumps
+ rubber brush (love it)
+ many colors to choose from :)


Any cons at all?

- only 1waterproof color to choose from (not really a problem for me)
- They test on animals! :(

Overall?

Love love love love love it! I'm not planning of changing it unless something better comes out ;) And that may take some time :)


XOXO Parisky


5 comments:

  1. Ooo i have to try this! It looks like it does a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's great! :) The best I've ever tried. But I definitely have to try Lancome's :D
    (that one of yours)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's one of my all time favorite mascaras! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this mascara is awesome.. but i think i cant find max factor in SG? not sure :( i want~~ ahaha

    Luv,
    Winwin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's the best one so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment! :)

[P.S. Please do not spam your comments. No "follow me" comments or comments with links to your blog!
If you would like me to check something out, send me an email! Thank you!]