17/02/2010

Review: Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream


Today's review is about Skinfood Mushroom BB Cream. BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm Cream. It is rumored the BB cream was invented in Germany. It was used as an after treatment by dermatologists on patients who underwent laser skin treatment. It helps to soothe, protect and regenerate the skin after such a treatment. After that Korean celebrities began using this cream and this started off a a big trend (especially in Korea).
It is like a moisturized foundation that is good for your skin (sounds like a dream to me) :)
You can find the Mushroom BB Cream in 2 shades: #1 (for light-toned people) and #2 (for darker people). I have #1 and it suits me perfectly. I got this from ebay for 13 $ but on their official page you can get it for 65 $ (I can't figure out why such a difference).


This cream smells very good, like lemon grass (very subtle). I was really excited when I got it, since it promises you to cover up blemishes and even out the skin tone. Since I started using it I didn't notice (as some do) any improvement of my acne (yes they come and go) but the application of it gives you a glowing effect.

So how does it work?
You apply it as foundation. It feels very light and not-cakey at all! You have to leave it to absorb for a minute or two before you apply your concealer or pressed powder.

I got this cream a few months ago (I think it was October) and now I'm almost at it's end, so I got another one! :D I use it every morning as it moisturizes my skin (but if you got dry patches I suggest you to use a good cream on those areas) and covers up the blemishes. But this is more like a cream mixed with foundation so don't expect full coverage!


Pros

+ The smell
+ Very cute package
+ SPF 20
+ Whitening properties
+ Anti-aging propeties
+ Very light feeling on skin
+ Covers up blemishes
+ Evens up skin tone
+ Moisturizing
+ Absorbs very quickly

Cons

- The ingredients are in korean
- When the bottle is only 1/3 full it gets hard to control the amount of product that comes out

Rating: 5/5 ★★★★★
Price: 13 $ on Ebay
Repurchase: Yes

XOXO Parisky

P.S. I have changed some rules on my giveaway (all who wrote a blogpost about it have gotten another entry). That means you don't have to blog about it to enter! :)


0 comments: