12:02:00 | Posted by Helena Milost | | Edit Post
This past weekend I felt really creative and so I learned how to sew, but that just wasn't enough and so I did some stenciling on some shirts.
Because this is such a simple way to improve your wardrobe I decided it would be fun to share it with you.
What you'll need:
- A blank shirt
- Wax paper or even better freezer paper or contact paper
- Fabric color or acrylic paints
- X-acto knife
- Desired stencil
I decided to use acrylic color as I didn't have fabric color. You have to realize that stencils with acrylic color will be hard and not as durable as those with fabric color.
I really really suggest you to get freezer paper (here they don't even sell it) as you will have less problems when applying the stencil to the shirt.
So you have your stencil. Tape it on the wax/freezer paper and start cutting out the dark areas (or white if you have a black/dark shirt).
And now it's time to start coloring it! If you have FREEZER paper iron it to the shirt (wax side down) as it will stick to it and this step will be so much easier. If you have WAX paper DON'T iron it (I've learned it the hard way as everything starts rolling up) but rather use some tape.
Don't forget to place something between the front and back of the shirt, so that no paint bleeds through to the other side.
After this you should have the finished stencil. You should leave it to dry (check the instructions on the fabric color). I left it for approx. 30 min because acrylic paint dries really quickly.
I really love my old new shirt :D
- 2014 (6)
- 2012 (5)
- 2011 (129)
- It's spring! Part III
- How to: Vivid makeup
- Review: Divaderme Lash Extender
- Project Runway Season 7 Winner!
- NOTD: Cheetah in bikini
- Look: Cheetah
- NOTD: Cheetah in the Jungle
- How to: Stencil Shirt
- Comparison: Essence Mr. Big and Essence Hot Stuff
- Comparison: CG Blue Sparrow (neon) & Essence Under...
- NOTD: Joy 326
- 100+ Followers Giveaway CLOSED
- It's spring! Part II
- NOTD: Bonnie likes Blue Sparrows
- I went shopping
- Look: For all those sad days
- Another beauty haul
- Look: Alice in Wonderland
- Look: Spring
- NOTD: Alice went Underwater
- It's spring!
- NOTD: Butterfly Ashanty n. 61
- Haul: Essence and Butterfly
- EOTD: Pink and Yellow
- Review: Steamcream
- EOTD: Blueberries and Avocado
- NOTD: Ruffian manicure, nail art ...
- Recipe: Easy Homemade Pizza
- 2009 (147)