04/04/2010

Review: Steamcream



It's time for another review! I was sent a Steamcream for review quite some time ago, but I wanted to really test it out.
So let's start!



First impression: Funky, orange and informative
Something about them: They represent the latest concept in skincare with a revolution of steam-infused manufacturing process.
I love: The various designs you can choose from!


So, what is Steamcream?

- A multipurpose cream uniquely formulated using pure, unrefined steam for maximum absorption.
- High quality skincare for all skin-types.
- Locally produced using fresh, natural and traceable ingredients.
- Funky Eco-friendly packaging designed in Japan and decorated with limited edition collectible designs.
- Handy-sized tin for on-the-go lifestyles at an affordable price.

Ingredients: Oatmeal Infusion (Avena sativa), Orange Flower Water (Citrus Aurantium amara, Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, * Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I've got the Blue Secret design

How it looks on hand (you can see it already started to absorb)

When I got this cream the firs thing I noticed was the classy and gorgeous design! Now after it's empty I will definitely use the tin to store something else, it's just too pretty to toss it away.
Next was the smell. It has a lavender hint that I couldn't describe as pleasant not unpleasant. It is definitely a likable smell for anyone (form kids to grandparents). Of course I had to test it out right away! I applied a small amount on my hands. It felt light and it absorbed in a matter of seconds! Immediately my skin felt refreshed and there was no sticky or oily finish, just smooth skin.
Later I've been using it for my body and it worked just as well. It's perfect after a shower :)


Pros
+ Gorgeous designs
+ Eco friendly (aluminium tins)
+ Absorbs super fast
+ Feels very refreshing
+ Doesn't feel sticky
+ Doesn't leave an oily finish
+ Travel friendly
+ Suitable for face and body
+ A little bit of it goes a long way
+ Not tested on animals
+ Natural ingredients

Cons
- I've used a whole tin (75 g) in just one month of every to every second day of use
- The smell is really not very appealing
- The price

Price: 14 € for 75 g

Overall: It's a bit pricey if you think you'll need to restock on it every month. But it is definitely worth it. I have never had a cream that was absorbed so fast and left my skin so refreshed and smooth. Plus I love love the designs (there are so many and I really want the Porky Rabbit).


XOXO Parisky

0 comments: