15:05:00 | Posted by Helena Milost | | Edit Post
I was asked to do to a tutorial of how I play with colors :))
I wasn't really sure whether to post it on this blog or on my photography blog. But I decided that many (beauty) bloggers could benefit from this tutorial, so I will post it here.
I use Photoshop CS5 Extended <3
So you'll need Photoshop for this tutorial. You can download a free trial Photoshop HERE.
In this tutorial I will show you how to make your images have that vintage look :) Plus this tutorial can be very handy for removing that yellow look from your pictures or to giving your images a vavavoom effect.
ALL IMAGES ARE CLICKABLE!
1. We start with the picture we want to play with and open it in Photoshop.
2. We open Color Balance (Image>Adjustments>Color Balance)
3. Select Shadow
4. Push the arrow on blue as far as it still looks ok to you
5. Select Highlights
6. Push the arrow in the yellow area as far as it still looks ok to you :)
7. You can stop here (for an aged look), but you can play a little bit more :D
8. Select Midtones and play a bit with the Cyan levels
Now I wanted to give it a bit of a vavavoom effect.
9. Open up the Curves window (Images>Adjustments>Curves)
10. Push the upper part just a little but up (that will brighten the image)
and the lower just a tad down (it adds contrast).
The finished image:
Before and After
Was it easy to understand?
Did you like it?
Do you have any suggestions for any similar tutorials?
- 2014 (6)
- 2012 (5)
- Contest entry: Show Us Your Country
- Gets: Gifts and a Swap
- FOTD: Simply Blue
- NOTD: Essence Hypnotic Poison
- FOTD: Silver-Green
- FOTD: Birthday
- NOTD: Birthday Manicure
- NOTD: Ilamasqua Loella
- Review: Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation
- NOTD: Red Funky French
- NOTD: Zoya Karina
- Review: False Eyelashes and Eyelashes Glue from KK...
- FOTD: Evil
- A morning walk
- FOTD: 5 Minutes
- Hauls: Latest Gets
- NOTD: China Glaze Strawberry Fields
- How to: Take Care of Your Lips
- NOTD: Sparkly Blue
- EOTD: Brown
- Update + Photography of 2010 and 2011
- Review and Swatch: BB Couture For Nails Sea of Cor...
- EOTD: Vivid Purple
- EOTD: Vivid Pink
- EOTD: Vivid Green
- How to: Change Colors in Photographs
- EOTD: Blue
- NOTD: Zulu Flowers
- Random Pictures from NYE + resolution
- What We Did for NYE
- FOTD: New Year's Eve Makeup
- NOTD: New Year's Eve
- My Christmas Crafts
- 2010 (248)
- 2009 (147)