10:50:00 | Posted by Helena Milost | | Edit Post
I've been wanting to write this how to for ages now!
I know how it looks like when you have acne. Actually I never had severe acne, because I was taking the pill for most of my teenage life. Even then I had an occasional pimple or two and that was it. At that time I was trying various anti-acne stuff and none actually worked. Than I discovered jojoba oil and Sweetscents Green Tea Overnight Skin Rejuvenation. The first one helped me with the oiliness and the clogged pores and become my holy grail, while the second one helped me dry my existing acne. This cure worked great for a couple of years, my skin was almost perfect :)
Green Tea Overnight Skin Rejuvenation
But. Than I got adult acne. O.o
The pill didn't do a thing for them, jojoba oil stopped working, healthy food and exercises already were my staple and I was desperate!
So I started digging into this issue deeper and deeper. I found out that adult acne is a common problem and we're all desperate!
So this is a short list of advices what can help you when you have a couple of pimples or severe acne.
1. Read the labels. Especially on your cosmetics, makeup ... Why? Lots of products have comedogenic (block pores) ingredients. So learn what ingredients are comedogenic and cause acne. Some ingredients lists are HERE , HERE, and HERE.
2. Jojoba oil. It works miracles. Enough said :) You'll have to get used to the oily feeling at first, but it's definitely worth it. In winter use another oil on top of it (like almond oil), because jojoba oil isn't very moisturising per se in the winter. More about jojoba oil HERE.
3. Apple cider vinegar + water as a tonic. It's great! I love apple cinder vinegar, so the smell doesn't bother me (I love it). I've been using it for two months now and the results are amazing! You'll notice the first results very soon!
4. Cold Water. Yup, you've read it right. I don't know why or how, but washing your face with cold water (with your face wash) really works. Just try it. You've got nothing to loose.
5. Oil Cleansing Method. It's simple, it takes 5 minutes and even if you don't have acne, it makes your skin softer, free of clogged pores and glowing. Read more HERE.
That's it from my side. I really suggest you to try removing your cosmetics one per one, so you'll be able to see which one is causing you troubles. And to really see some effect from apple cider vinegar, cold water, jojoba oil, or anything else, I suggest you to test it for 2 weeks and than you'll see if it works for you or not.
Right now I'm using:
1. A face wash that is supposed to help with your pimples (called Black Magic) + cold water
2. Apple cider vinegar diluted in water (1:3) as a tonic
3. jojoba oil + almond oil (I'm having really dry skin in some areas)
aaaaand when I remember (or don't feel lazy) I do an occasional oil cleansing.
+ use the green the overnight skin rejuvenation on existing pimples
My skin isn't perfect, but I'm getting there.
Hope you'll get there too :)
P.S. I'm not an expert, this are just the things that work for me.
Labels: acne, apple cider vinegar, cold water, how to, how to get rid of acne, jojoba oil, oil cleansing method
- 2014 (6)
- 2012 (5)
- Haul: I Can't Help Myself
- FOTD: Pin Up Nerd
- NOTD: Essence Let's Get Lost
- NOTD: Essence Where Is the Party?
- Inspiration III
- Haul: Pyjamas and Nail Polish
- NOTD: Essence You Belong To Me + Hello Holo
- Review and Swatches: O.P.I. Texas Lil Shooters
- FOTD: Purple Simplicity
- NOTD: Essence Irreplaceable
- Haul: Essence New Stuff
- FOTD: Green Makes Me Happy
- NOTD: Joyful Saint Patrick's Day
- EOTD: Ah... Love :)
- NOTD: When I Feel Blue ... I Paint My Nails
- Snapshots: A Walk After The Rain
- Review and Swatches: Illamasqua Toxic Nature
- How To: Feel Beautiful
- Inspiration II
- Gets: Illamasqua Toxic Nature
- How to: Get Rid of Acne
- NOTD: Boom Chicka Wah Wah
- NOTD: Orange Power
- NOTD: Candy Manicure
- NOTD: Dote Style Sexy
- News: Illamasqua Toxic Nature
- Photography: Modelling
- NOTD: Sea Flowers
- EOTD: Turquoise Sin
- NOTD: Sea in Moonlight
- 2010 (248)
- 2009 (147)